- Aids in the construction of healthy cell membranes.
- Keeps saturated fats mobile in the bloodstream.
- Maintains already-normal stickiness of blood plateletes
- Plays a vital role in the production of prostaglandins
- Maintains nerves.
- Helps maintain cholesterol levels already in the normal range.
- Supports the kidneys.
- Provides beneficial phytoestrogens.
- Stimulates immune activity.
Flax Seed Oil with Lignans [Circulatory, Immune]. Several scientific studies
show that consumption of omega-3 essential fatty acids (EFAs) can benefit the
heart. Flax Seed Oil is a rich source of these EFAs. It also contains lignans–substances
known to stimulate immune activity–and linoleic acid, another essential fatty
acid. These two fatty acids are termed “essential” because the body cannot
manufacture them. EFAs are precursors to prostaglandins.
Until recently, experts believed the best sources of omega-3 were fish oils.
While fish oils are a good source, flax seed oil contains twice as much omega-3
essential fatty acids as fish oil products, without the fishy aftertaste. Each soft gel
capsule contains omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9 essential fatty acids plus